Seach Independent Gamer Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

PSP emulator for PS3 in the works.

Not by Sony.


Although it would be a great cash cow for Sony to allow anyone to play PSP games via the PS3. According to a forum post someone is actually working on a PSP emulator that is compatible with the PS3 which will allow to play PSP games.

"I'd like to announce a project i've been working on, PS3P. Basically it's the ability to load PSP games on PS3.

As you may know, the PS3 can play PSP Minis, which are installed just like any other package. And most PSP games have nearly identical structures and files as PS3 games.

Thus far I've been able to achieve a few steps in the right direction, but I'm not ready to share my work just yet. I've been working on this in my free time (aka outside of work and family) and it will be done when it's done.

If you'd like to know more, or keep on the up and up, feel free to find me on Twitter.com/dimmudroid

I may need a few alpha testers soon, I'll post requirements and such later today."

From the post it seems that this project is moving on ahead but at this time it is too early to really tell what's going to happen with the project or if will even see the light of day.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment