RESEARCH TRIANGLE, NC - Spark Plug Games, an independent developer based out of Cary, NC, is proud to unveil their newest game -- MechRunner -- which will launch this summer on Steam® (Windows/Mac/Linux), PlayStation® 4, and PlayStation® Vita.
Other features of the game include:
- Switch between mech and tank modes on-the-fly
- Slice & dice enemy units with your sword
- Rescue civilians for extra points and awards
- Access an extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Numerous enemy types each with different tactics (and weaknesses)
- Epic boss battles
- A dynamically shifting environment offers unexpected obstacles, cover and danger
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
Spark Plug is also announcing the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to help the studio add some final polish items in anticipation of the Summer launch. “MechRunner is feature complete.” said Spark Plug President John O’Neill. “But we realized that, with a little extra push here at the end, there’s a lot we could do to make playing MechRunner even more memorable for gamers and mech fans alike. We’re excited to engage with fans, get their feedback, and partner with them while we wrap things up. We’ve also got some fantastic backer rewards!”
Among the rewards offered by the team, backers will have an opportunity to play the game early, receive exclusive in-game content, the game’s soundtrack, t-shirts, and more, as well as limited edition collectable statues and even a chance to collaborate with the team to create new game content. The Kickstarter campaign is live and will run through May 16th, 2014.
The Kickstarter page can be viewed here: http://kck.st/1khHXzO
The game’s official webpage is at www.mechrunner.com.